- How old are the newborns you typically photograph?
—It is ideal to photograph newborns between 4-10 days. During this time the baby sleeps most of the day and remains in a curled up position that is wonderful to capture. After 10 days the baby starts to push their limbs out a little and are awake for longer periods of time. If your baby is older than 10 days don’t get discouraged! Give us a call! The session will likely take a little bit longer but we still get amazing photos.
- Will you come to my home for the newborn photo session?
— Of course! This is something we encourage for newborn shoots. We usually explain to the parent that it is best to photograph in the house for the baby to be comfortable.
We also do photo shoots in the house not just for Newborn for all kinds from Family to Glam Photo sessions.
- Will you be able to bring props and decors to the shoot if it will be done in the house?
— Yes, of course. We have an array of packages that you may choose from. For this, we guarantee that all props and styling will be baby proof and safe for your baby to lie down in and relax. Oh, and you may also tell us what theme would you want an we will try out best to re-create this for you the best way we can.
- How long are the newborn photo shoots?
—Our goal is to create 3 sets with your baby. This takes anywhere from 1 – 2 hours. It is important that the time we shoot is the most comfortable time for the baby. This means that the baby has already eaten, taken a nap, and has accomplished all things needed. Some babies have different time frames. With this, we understand and we are flexible in terms of time. Just let us know when and we will take care of the rest!
- What should be the temperature for taking photos in the house or in studio?
—We keep our studio warm for the child. This is one of many techniques we use to keep your baby cozy and sleeping. This can be done in your house as well.
- I saw a particular pose (or set design) that I would like you do with my newborn, is that possible?
—We can try our best for certain poses and sets, but ultimately your baby is in control of the session and we would like to try our best to make each session unique. We always begin with a set of ideas, but quite often we have to be flexible depending on your baby’s sleep habits, feeding schedule and personality.
Not all newborns are “moldable” for certain positions based on weight, age, flexibility, and body structure. As for props, we are constantly switching out props and adding new ones to keep sessions unique, fresh, and new.
- May I bring any props that are sentimental?
—Yes! We love for you to bring any unique props – letters, clothing, baseball glove, stuffed animals, etc. It will make your pictures much more personal. We will work your props into the sets when possible and let you know if something will not work.
- What happens if my baby urinates or has bowel movements?
—This is completely normal and expected. We will always be in assistance of whatever the baby may need but of course, we know how hands on our mommies are that we let them take care of this situation.
- What happens if my baby starts crying or gets fussy?
—It’s completely NORMAL for your baby to wake up during the photo session and sometimes get a little fussy. We continue to work through their fuss with warmth, a little rocking and a bit of patience. Your baby will likely require a feeding at some point during the session and this usually solves the more dramatic fussiness issues. We would also suggest for his/her favorite toy to be on standby just incase.
- What if my baby gets hungry during the shoot?
—It’s important that we start the photo session with a “full” baby. We will likely take a feeding break at some point during the photo session and you will be able to give your baby another full feeding.
- If I have to cancel my photo session, can I reschedule?
— Due to a small window to photograph, we only allow rescheduling to happen once within the month. If the session happens at the end of the month, we usually allow 2 weeks after at a maximum. We can talk about this further should this happen
- Can a family member join the newborn shoot?
— Yes, as requested. We take photos of the newborn first and then we can proceed to the family portraits. We can be flexible in requests which will be not a problem at all.
- Will I be able to post images on Facebook?
—You may socially post any picture that you wish. Just a gentle request if you can tag us at @cocoonstudioph and hashtag #cocoonstudioph. J
- Do you do maternity portraits?
—Yes, we do. We encourage the shoot to happen 5th month onwards for the baby bump to already be seen. Should you have any theme in particular, let us know and we will do our best to make it happen. This can be done either at home or at our studio. Whichever makes you feel comfortable, that is where we go!
- What are the requirements for kiddie party photography?
— Just let us know when, where, and what time and we will make sure everything is well documented. We specialize in capturing moments of your child or whoever may the celebrant be.
- What time do you usually arrive for kiddie parties?
– We usually arrive 30-45 minutes before the program starts for us to take photos of the venue and details before guests arrive. We always make sure to take these for your keeps. We even do some quick portraits of the celebrant with the family before the party begins for them to have something to treasure.
- How long do you usually stay for parties?
– The maximum is 5 hours. Should you wish to add another hour, additional cost apply.
- Do you accept pencil booking?
– Yes we do. Once you inquire and pencil book, we usually give 5-7 days for confirmation depending on how early the event is down the line.
- When and where can we get photos once done?
—Our studio is located at Unit 17A17, Victoria Tower A Condominium, Panay Ave. cor. Timog Ave.
Once the photoshoot is done, processing usually takes 2-3 weeks. Once done, we will be messaging you for the pick up. Tip: Just type “Cocoon Studio” on waze and you are good to go!
We hope this answers all your questions. Should you have anything that is in your mind, send us an email at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist you!